Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ashley Cole: I owe Mourinho a good season


Ashley Cole has insisted that he "owes" Jose Mourinho his best form this season at Chelsea as he bids to prolong his career at Stamford Bridge.The Portuguese manager controversially signed Cole in 2006 in exchange for William Gallas and the left-back won a domestic cup double in his only full season under Mourinho.

Cole was injured for long spells during that campaign and has revealed he is determined to show his manager what he is capable of in the upcoming campaign.

"Having the manager back now from 2006, the manager who bought me, is important because I still feel I owe him something," Cole told the Guardian.

"I didn't play as well as I could back then, and as well as I have for Chelsea since, when he bought me.

"I owe him a lot, personally. I wouldn't say he's different now. He's always had one aim, one objective, and that's to win. I think it doesn't matter what you've achieved in the game, or what you've done in football. You've got to train well and give him 100%."

No comments: