Thursday, July 4, 2013

Nnamdi Oduamadi handed jersey No. 90 at AC Milan


The Nigeria hat trick hero says he looks forward to a great time with the Rossoneri after his performance in Brazil earned him a recall to AC Milan.  The Nigeria forward was recalled to the Rosoneri following his hat trick performance against Tahiti at the Confederations Cup. Oduamadi played last season on loan at Varese in the second division in Italy but now faces an uphill task to cement a place with the high flying Milanese side. “I went to Italy from Brazil as my club wanted to confirm the extent of the ankle injury [picked up at the Confeds] and they found it was not too serious,”  “So now I have been given the No. 90 jersey which I requested for as it is the year of my birth and I hope to convince the coaches that I merit a place in the team for next season,” he concluded. The midfielder has spent time doing philanthropy since returning home for the summer after his exploits in Brazil. He donated cash and food items to a Lagos orphanage on Monday.

No comments: