Lewis Holtby is relishing facing Chelsea this weekend as Tottenham aim to establish themselves as Premier League title challengers. Andre Villas-Boas' men sit in second place behind north London rivals Arsenal and have started the season in impressive form, recording eight wins out of nine in all competitions.

And Holtby says Spurs are looking forward to Saturday's fixture against Jose Mourinho's side, with the club eager to prove their title credentials to the rest of the league and themselves. "Absolutely, especially for ourselves," the 23-year-old told reporters. "It is very important to win a big game like that to stay up top and give us the confidence we need for the rest of the season.


 

Holtby has yet to start in the Premier League this term, though he impressed with a hat-trick of assists against Aston Villa in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday. The German realises that competition for places is fierce, but he believes such strength in depth can only be a good thing for the White Hart Lane outfit as he aims to force his way into the starting XI.

"I know Tottenham are going to do something big and I know they are going to have a really good, strong squad and I wanted to be part of that," Holtby continued. "Tottenham is going places and I'm happy to be part of it. I'm 23, I'm still young, I'm learning and progressing.

"I wanted to come here. I wanted to have this challenge. I have to show when I get the opportunity that I can produce something. "If I keep working hard and putting on pressure it is going to be a very tough decision but we have so many games.

"You have to be prepared and up for it. Bayern Munich are the same, they are always patient, they all work for the team - and that's how I see it here."