Thursday, April 2, 2015

Best football is played in Bundesliga, but Premier League is more physical - Subotic


Neven Suboti  a Borussia Dortmund defender had said that "The best football is played in the Bundesliga, which has established itself in internationally very well," he told Kicker. "It is as much on a high as the DAX [the German equivalent of the FTSE 100]. Subotic has been a key player for Dortmund for the last seven years, winning back-to-back Bundesliga titles in 2011 and 2012 and reaching the 2013 Champions League final, but has been unable to prevent Jurgen Klopp's men from enduring a dramatic slump this season. "I can still imagine playing in a league someday which rates physical football. The game in England is tougher, more aggressive and more physical, in a sportsmanlike sense. As a centre-back I don't always want to fear just touching an opponent.
While he insists Germany's top flight has the highest technical level in Europe, the 26-year-old admits the thought of a move to England has crossed his mind. "How can I do my work when my opponent starts crying without contact? And penalties being awarded after dives annoy me, I think that's cheating. "I just don't like it when an attacker is going at what feels like one kilometre an hour and flies like he's been hit by a car."

No comments: